The lodge staff is always cooking up something delicious. They are there to serve you three hearty meals a day.
Start your morning off right with a made-to-order breakfast the way you want it or just help yourself to fresh fruits and an assortment of cereals.
Then come back in for a fresh sandwich and a homemade soup at lunch time.
- Cajun Beef Soup is a Rivett family secret you're sure to enjoy, served with a deli select sandwich and all the fixin's, everyone gets their fill!
- Pheasant Tortilla Soup is loaded with pheasant and three cheeses and served with a beer brat on soft but toasty bun.
- Sharon's 3-Meat Chili with prime rib, ground sirloin, and fresh pork sausage always warrants a second helping, but leave room for a heaping hot ham & cheese sandwich.
Happy hour at the preserve starts about 5:00 or whenever you decide to let the Rooster's have a rest! You'll find a great selection of beverages, and open bar that is always stocked top-shelf or make a selection of our carefully selected wine list. To keep you tied over until dinner is served the chef will serve up an assortment of appetizers including:
- Jalapeno Cheese Venison Sausage -- Harvested right there at the preserve and processed by our nationally recognized butcher.
- Assorted Cheeses and Crackers -- The lighter side of things.
- Ron's Famous Pheasant Nuggets -- lightly dusted and rolled in butter until their perfect!
But save some room for dinner and dessert, you'll be pleased you did!
- Traditional Caesar Salad with homemade croutons
South Dakota Raised USDA 16oz. Ribeye Steak
Basted with secret seasonings and broiled @ 1600 degrees
Served with Sharon's Famous Scalloped Corn & an Idaho Baked Potato
- Papaya Poppy-seed Wonton Salad
Slow-cooked Pheasant Rivett Style
You've never had pheasant like this before -- Enough said.
Served with long grain wild rice and honey-cayenne baby carrots
- Colorful Mediterranean Salad
South Dakota Raised USDA 16oz. Prime Rib
Seasoned & cooked to perfection. It'll melt in your mouth!!
Served with a loaded twice baked Idaho potato and crisp asparagus
- Huckleberry Bleu Spinach Salad
Pheasant Carbonara over fettuccini al dente
Breasts of Pheasant sautéed in caramelized onions, bacon and garlic
Then gently simmered in a light homemade cream sauce
And served over a healthy portion of hot fettuccini noodles
"Hi Ryan, I want to cook some of my birds for Christmas dinner. Will you give me the recipe for browning them and cooking them in your famous cream sauce? Thanks!" -- Ronn Nelson